Thursday, October 9, 2008

Edward Scissor Hands

I decide to get my hair trimmed (note trimmed). The lady who deals with the tresses has quit. I decide to try "Habeebs" on the recommendation of a particular someone I accidently tried to poision (with coffee!). I walk in. Everyone seems rather unoccupied. Ouch! Maybe it's not such a good idea- but it's pouring cats and dogs outside. Hence, the decision to have the tresses trimmed. Bad decision- I figure in retrospect!

Male with pink lips, effiminate mannerisms and a blond streaked hair do (which was far from inspiring confidence or style or anything positive) is to be my hair dresser. I repeatedly tell the chap ('cuase I'm wondering if he comprehends English- most hair dressers don't) that I just want a half inch trim (also 'cause I don't want my head looking even vaguely like his). Plus, I did'nt trust his sense of "style"! He mumbles something and smiles with exaggerated flourish! He's done in about half an hour. Voila! He's chopped off over 12 inches in jagged patterns to resemble what my grandmom would have reffered to as "ili thindhange" (rat eaten). I glare daggers. He smiles with all his pearly whites. I want to remove them and put them in his palm for him to count! " Whats wrong with you? I said half an inch trim! Which part of it did you not understand?" He's still smiling now looking like a weasel- moron "Madam it became a little short! What to do?" "You crazy person it's over eleven and a half inches short"(His math was even worse than mine!) " But madam, a haircut and a trim cost the same!" Your's truely is generally a very peace loving creature but at that moment all I wanted to do was poke him in the eyes and say " You see luv, this is what they call shooting daggers!"

13 comments:

Truth said...

You chopped off your hair@#$%*&$#

Anonymous said...

oh no.. not again!!!..he understood the half..added (11) as usual..or was it (11'o clock)..tailors friend with edward (scissors) in hand..both cut in precision..only some are weak in math:)better luck next time:)

Anonymous said...

Stumbeled across this blog. I admire the style. "Cutting" without being cruel!

Ananya said...

I just loved it!!!! U forgot to mention the wash that they give before chopping ur so called locks!!!!....hehehe....but it surely was hilarious when u narrated the story the other day!!

Ananya said...

kinda is apt for the name of ur blog "cutting"......

Ann Choolackal said...

hey u cut ur hair??

cc said...

I did'nt cut my hair off that fool did! now from waist length it's like some 3 inches below my shoulder in jagged angular lines and a long tail like 10 strands! It's super horrible well i try and conceal it (secret's out) by twisting it n pinning it up! it happened over a month n a half ago hence i'm writing it post getting over the trauma! :)

Anonymous said...

You really have no idea- how beautiful you are do you???

Anonymous said...

hey, genuine tingle of laughter- ur write on experiments with 'trimming' hairstyle..

how come u let edward on to chop off 11 inches before u realised? u confident, sleeping, reading a mag or what????

sure, lot to save eh? guy's got to be in small savings scheme.

ha ha ha really funny u felt like poking his eye!!

gracias

Ann Choolackal said...

agreed that it is a trauma...thats why i refused to cut my hair even when it had grown too much and was reaching my knees.practical difficulties made me think otherwise but straight cut levelling it off was my only request so i was saved from trauma

Unknown said...

:) similar or I'd have to say worse off experience last year after having grown my hair really long. Remind me to tell you the details when I see you. Brilliant writing as usual...

Divya Rao said...

Hahaha, no, not laughing at your unfortunate incident :-) By the way, I want to see your pic with the latest "look", hehe.

Namratha said...

I remember you mentioning this when we last met.... me not going to Habeeb's for sure! :D